As a business owner, was your company affected by the pandemic?
As society is returning to normal, it is becoming more apparent that Hybrid Working is here to stay. As a result, businesses now need to consider how they can develop their working methods to facilitate and retain Hybrid Working amongst their workforces, through the use of custom software development.
Being prepared for remote and hybrid working means having the right tools, software, and custom designs to maximize your team’s success. Make collaboration effortless from inside the office to homes worldwide with modern software accessible from any device. This is your chance to rethink the model and break down the barrier between different teams.
What are Cloud Applications, and why do I need them?
A cloud application is software that you can use through the internet. If you have an internet connection, you’ll be able to access all your files on their computers – wherever they happen to be.
Cloud applications have been around for a while now. Still, they took off during the lockdown and are even more popular today. Traditional setups don’t work anymore. Instead, hard drives are being replaced with more affordable, eco-friendly alternatives that can also help boost productivity. Nonetheless, some companies are transitioning to cloud-based solutions to keep all workers connected, even when not in the office.
Specifically, a cloud-based application is a tool that stores your information on the internet in a protected area. They also typically have a set amount of storage space available. Working files, documentation, photos, invoicing – you name it.
You can store any of these on the Cloud on virtually any device. Anyone with permission can be in the same room or halfway across the world and access it in real-time. No more copying to a personal drive
How Businesses Are Adapting to Hybrid Working
Before choosing a cloud-based application, make sure your staff is fully trained and understand how to use them. This way, they can focus on other aspects of their job and not struggle with tasks that could be automated.
For example, when people access work from a different location, the staff may wonder why they can’t find the file they need. This leads to panic over forgetting where a file was last stored or getting someone else to send it to them.
In addition, having access to another person’s computer often means exposure to several security problems. As such, it’s not surprising that having a streamlined storage system would also streamline remote offices considerably.
Benefits of Cloud Applications
- Cloud services make sure you stay connected, collaborative, and productive even when out of the office.
- Boost your security and gain easier data recovery with cloud applications without spending extra money or time.
- Since cloud services are hosted off-site, the dedicated Cloud service providers take care of all the software updates, and they are good at it.
- Your team can access any needed data or documentation and carry-on working, regardless of their location, so long as they have internet.
- A Forbes survey revealed that 64% of respondents reported better communication and collaboration between team members.
- Cloud systems allow smaller companies access to state-of-the-art tools and technologies, allowing them to act fast and efficiently.
- In the long run, Cloud applications are cheaper. For example, you can stop buying lots of hard drives, and custom software means fewer costs.
- As well as being cheaper, it is also better for the environment, reducing your carbon footprint!
Logging into your systems from the site is the perfect way to give your team the autonomy they need, wherever they work. It also helps you maintain productivity and do business with partners abroad. It saves time and money, but it also allows your team to grow without hiring more people.