In today’s world, technology has become an integral part of doing business as entrepreneurs now rely on it to improve efficiency and stay competitive. Therefore, as a business owner in a market full of established service providers, you’d not want to miss out on digital tools that can positively impact your growing business.
According to Forbes Technology Council, some smart tech solutions that can boost your startup include website development tech, cloud computing, task management tools, software packages, data analysis, security systems, and online communication platforms. These technology tools can power your startup and prepare it for unmatched growth when harnessed correctly.
That said, here’s what smart tech can achieve for your startup:
It streamlines your internal operations
With smart tech tools like software programs, you can automate all your back-office functions and processes. This helps you manage your day-to-day business obligations more quickly and efficiently, improving service delivery. For instance, you can instantly send professional invoices to your clients by using productivity apps much like this one developed by Jobber.
Aside from that, below are some more benefits you can achieve as a business owner by automating your activities:
- Improve the productivity of workers: Your staff can access information-fueled guidelines about each task and thus handle projects accordingly. Also, you can track their progress and resolve any issues that may arise while on duty.
- Manage deadlines: By using digital tools, you can keep track of essential business logistics like customer orders or deliveries on time.
- Improve accuracy: Your workers can analyze data more effectively and generate optimal reports. This eliminates errors that are associated with paper-based approaches.
- Convenient payment methods: You can initiate and complete transactions online. You can also utilize customizable, professional estimate templates that can later be converted into an invoice.
- Your customers get to serve themselves: Your clients can access certain services on their own. For example, they can make a booking or set up an appointment effortlessly.
It optimizes your digital marketing strategy
Businesses now operate in a revolutionized era where an online presence has become necessary. According to statistics, businesses worldwide generated about USD$4.9 trillion from online sales as of 2021, and a 50% growth in e-retail revenue is expected by 2025. This indicates that the internet now inspires customer behavior and as a business owner, being digitally active is an added advantage. (2)
Here’s how tech tools can help you optimize your digital marketing strategy:
- They facilitate easy access to customer data: You can gather detailed customer data by analyzing aspects such as customer browsing habits or online shopping behaviors. This provides insights that guide your promotion strategy.
- They allow personalization in marketing: You can divide your potential buyers into subgroups based on common interests and share personalized content. For instance, by using geo-targeted push notifications, you can target consumers near your business establishment.
- They boost website marketing: With a branded website, you can fully invest in search engine optimization (SEO) so that customers can easily find you when they search for something online.
- They transform your social media strategy: You can automate updates and releases of new products across your connected social media platforms.
These digital marketing strategies foster brand awareness allowing your customers to interact with your products every time from where they are.
It boosts the engagement levels with customers
Smart tech solutions provide a direct way of communicating with your customers, keeping them engaged, and building long-lasting relationships. Below are some of the ways these tools can help you ensure ongoing interaction with your buyers:
- They provide instant online customer support: Through added channels like chat boxes, frequently asked questions (FAQs) options, and an easy-to-use help center, you can remain available at all times to address any of their concerns.
- They integrate feedback mechanisms: With in-app feedback mechanisms such as reviews, questionnaires, or widgets, your customers can communicate to you about their experiences with your products or services.
- They transform customer loyalty programs: Digital tools provide a singular platform whereby reward points can be collected and redeemed for discounts, coupons, or freebies. (3)
It provides optimal data security
Smart tech solutions can be used to protect any of your vital business data like financial information, customer payment details, or executive decisions. The systems are built-in with robust security capabilities like the use of strong passwords, backups, data encryption, and firewalls. This benefits your business in the following ways:
- Prevents breaches that can adversely hurt your business
- Protects confidential customer information
- Helps keep your valuable databases and ideas away from competitors
- Reduces costs associated with downtime
- Prevents reputational damage
With the advent of technology, you’d want to improve efficiency and evolve with your customers’ needs by using smart tech solutions. These modern tools enable you to streamline your operations, optimize your marketing campaigns, improve the engagement levels with your clients, and ensure constant data security. Ultimately, they improve your company’s image and give you a competitive edge.
- “15 Technology Investments Every Startup Should Make As Soon As Possible”, Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2022/03/31/15-technology-investments-every-startup-should-make-as-soon-as-possible/?sh=38e5940240fe
- “Retail e-commerce sales worldwide from 2014 to 2025”, Source: https://www.statista.com/statistics/379046/worldwide-retail-e-commerce-sales/
- “Four Ways To Boost Digital Customer Engagement”, Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2021/08/31/four-ways-to-boost-digital-customer-engagement/?sh=4f21b1dc144e
- “10 Data-Security Measures You Can’t Do Without”, Source: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/217484