You’ve come to the right spot if you’ve recently purchased your first or new iPhone after an Android phone and are wondering how to recover and transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone. We’ve compiled a list of the best techniques which will help you to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone.
As much as the globe enjoys the Android vs. iOS battles, switching from one to the other is always a disaster. It is critical to ensure that your contacts, images, and other items are transferred from your old smartphone to the new one when switching devices.
Unfortunately, there are no official means to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone unless both devices are running on the same OS. Also, the most popular instant messaging applications, such as WhatsApp, do not support data migration, including conversations and media, when switching from Android to iOS and vice versa.
The primary reason why WhatsApp is unable to migrate conversation data between operating systems is due to differences in how backup works in iOS and Android. WhatsApp for Android utilizes Google Drive to back up its data, but WhatsApp for iOS uses iCloud. This makes the WhatsApp Android to IPhone transition quite difficult.
Best ways to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone
Here’s how to migrate WhatsApp from Android to iOS. There are several techniques available here, and whichever one you choose, be sure to follow the tutorial to correctly transfer your WhatsApp messages properly.
Method 1: Transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone utilizing email
Emailing is one of the simplest methods for transferring WhatsApp info from an Android to an iPhone via email. Although, you will not be able to outlook the chat history on WhatsApp like earlier.
To use email to transfer WhatsApp messages, just follow the procedures outlined below.
- Open your WhatsApp.
- Tap on Settings > Chats Settings > Chat History > Email chat.
- Elect the WhatsApp chat history files you want to transfer; you can also choose to attach media or not.
- Following, you will go to the sending page, make sure you have previously logged in to your WhatsApp on the new iPhone, and then send the chat history to it.
Method 2: Transfer WhatsApp chats From Android to iOS with WhatsApp’s new feature: Import chat
You may transfer your account information, profile photo, individual conversations, group chats, chat history, media, and settings from an iPhone to a Samsung Android smartphone or vice versa. Your call history and display name are not transferable:
- When asked, turn on your Samsung and connect it to your iPhone via cable.
- Follow along with the Samsung Smart Switch adventure.
- Use the iPhone’s camera to scan the QR code shown on the new device when requested.
- Wait for the procedure to finish after tapping Start on your iPhone.
- Carry on configuring your new Samsung.
- When you go to the home screen, open WhatsApp and sign in with the same phone number that you used on your previous smartphone.
- When prompted, tap Import and wait for the procedure to finish.
- After you’ve finished activating your new device, your conversations will be ready for you.
Local data transfer through cable entails the following:
As a result of the migration, no data is transferred to cloud storage (though you might have sent this info to your cloud storage separately through Chat Backup). WhatsApp does not have access to the information you send.
However, this feature is only been announced and not introduced yet. The feature is set to be only available in Samsung Flip Z 3 and Samsung Fold Z 3, this is a downfall as not every one of us has those. They’re still working on adding this feature on all devices. but obviously it would take an indefinite period of time. Are you patient enough to wait?
Method 3: Use MobileTrans to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
- Open the MobileTrans software on your Windows device, click on the Transfer button under “WhatsApp Transfer” on the home screen.
- Connect your Android phone and iPhone to your computer, and select “WhatsApp” to backup.
- The software will identify your two phones, marking one as a source and one as a destination. If the order is inaccurate, you can click on the Flip button on top to switch their positions. For instance, we are transferring from Android to iPhone, so the iPhone should be on the right side. Before proceeding, please ensure that you don’t have any critical WhatsApp data on your iPhone because it would be wiped out.
- The last step is to left-click on the Start button and wait for the process to finish. Once done, you can disconnect your iPhone and open the WhatsApp app. The app will detect new data and allow you to restore it.
MobileTrans is undeniably the best method to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. In fact, it also offers numerous other benefits. apart from the easy transfer, you may also use the software to:
- Backup Whatsapp, Viber, LINE., and WeChat on a PC.
- Restore the aforementioned to any device
No one wants to lose their memories, and your chat is the most subtle memory. Hence, to avoid the loss of your personal data, we have found out the best methods mentioned above. After some research and reviews, we would suggest that Mobile-Trans is the most convenient and reliable way. No data will be mislaid during this transfer.