Finding the marijuana dosage right for you can be a tricky process that entails a healthy mix of knowledge and experimentation. However, the process can be intimidating when you are new to the cannabis world.
To avoid getting too high or not high enough, keep reading for tips on how to find your daily dosage of cannabis.
Understanding the Different Products
THC levels, dosage, and consumption will vary depending on which product you purchase. Below, we outline some charts and general information that will be helpful when choosing your cannabis products.
When smoking dry herbs, understanding your preferred dosage can happen pretty fast. The effects are felt within minutes, and the peak is felt around thirty minutes later.
Each marijuana strain will vary in THC potency. Follow this percentage chart when choosing your strain.
- 10% THC or less: This is considered mild potency and is best for new smokers.
- 10 – 20% THC: These percentages are considered strong for new smokers. Consumers should hold off on purchasing strains with these levels until they build their tolerance.
- 20% THC and above: Percentages over %20 are considered some of the strongest strains and are best for daily smokers.
When determining how much to smoke of each strain, take a hit and wait around 15 minutes before taking another.
Vapes often come as a pre-filled pen or with a pre-filled cartridge. Vapes follow the same THC dosage chart as the dry herb so pay attention to percentages when making your purchase.
Additionally, you should test your tolerance the same way you would with dry herb. Take a hit of your vape pen and wait 15 minutes before hitting it again. Waiting between hits provides your body time to feel the effects, and you can then decide whether you are comfortable with your high or need to take another hit.
Concentrates are highly potent and contain an average of 60% to 99% THC. Therefore, concentrates are typically reserved for seasoned smokers with a high tolerance.
Concentrates come in the form of wax, shatter, and resin and are often used in a dab rig. Regarding the amount of product to use, it is best to start by smoking no more than the size of a grain of rice.
You can visit Veriheal for more on how to dab correctly.
Since the body processes THC differently in edible form, the dosage is measured in milligrams instead of percentages.
- 1 – 2 mg THC: This is a microdose and should be the starting point for beginners.
- 2 – 5 mg THC: Depending on tolerance, this could be considered either a microdose or a low dose. Edibles with 2-5 mg are suitable for beginners who have already started to build a tolerance.
- 5 – 10 mg THC: This is the most common THC range found in edibles and is best for casual users.
- 10 – 50 mg THC: This is considered a very strong dose and is best for only the most experienced consumers with high tolerance.
- 50 mg THC and above: Edibles with 50 mg of THC are extremely strong and are often reserved for medical patients that consume daily heavy doses.
After consuming an edible, you can expect the THC to kick in anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours later. Beginners should start with edibles containing only 1-2 grams of THC and wait 24 hours between experimentations.
Tinctures follow the same dosage chart as edibles, but the body’s processing time is different. So instead, tinctures kick in after about 20 minutes and last around two or three hours.
Tinctures are often added to food and drinks or placed under the tongue via a dropper. As always, start with small doses and wait between taking drops.
Talk to Professionals
For those new to cannabis, finding out how much THC is the correct dose through trial and error may be unnerving.
It is essential to always be comfortable with your decision to smoke before doing so. Therefore, talking to your doctor or the dispensary staff about dosage suggestions may be best.
When talking with these professionals, be sure to let them know that it is your first time smoking and about any concerns you have.
Your doctor or the dispensary may ask questions about your health conditions, weight, age, and mental well-being to help determine your starting point.
Once you purchase the suggested products, the trial and error method is still necessary. Remember to begin with only one hit and gradually progress your consumption depending on how you feel. If you feel uncomfortable after smoking at any time, stop consumption and return to the dispensary another day for advice on other products.Please Share it to everyone: