What is a logo? Literally, it’s a combination of text, shapes, symbols and visual elements including brandmark. It’s a concept that depicts the name of a company and the purpose of a business. It’s far more than just a symbol of identification, it is the positioning of your brand, it’s signature.
From this article, you will learn what tasks a well-made logo carries out, what methods exist for creating one and what the pros and cons list of each is. Also, you are in for a wide range of interesting and inspiring logo design ideas.
When and why does your business need a logo?
Having an eye-catching logo is one of the key factors of every company’s success on an equal basis with fine products and partnership networks, even though it may not seem like it at first sight. And here are several reasons for that:
- a good logo makes a strong initial impression – it’s an opportunity to grab attention of your target audience as well as potential partners’, suppliers’ and contractors’ one from the first second;
- good logo design ideas are memorable – it’s a chance to be remembered and effectively reach out to new audiences;
- a logo demonstrates your brand identity – it helps to stand out among your competitors and increase brand loyalty.
A well-designed logo tells the world your company’s story and message shows its uniqueness and helps to establish an emotional connection with your existing and potential clients. It stimulates customers to interact with the brand once they see it (as things stand, companies have no more than 2 seconds to persuade potential customers that their products are worthy of attention).
So, if you want to create a really remarkable brand mark, you need to choose from logo design ideas carefully wherever you search for them.
The secrets to a good logo are several:
- Simplicity is a key – the concept has to be clear and concise, you don’t need any unnecessary details, especially if they do not have any connection with your brand’s tone of voice, mission, product, etc.
- You need a logo that leaves a mark – create something unique to your brand or even to the industry your brand works in.
- A logo idea has to aptly complement your brand concept, its strong points and uniqueness. In the absence of this, it will be just an image, meaningless and disconnected from marketing reality you struggle with. Colors, fonts and tones – all of them should be determined by the story you’re telling the world.
- The conception needs to be up-to-date and relevant even in another 5, 10 years. For making this, you need a really deep understanding of your niche.
- Don’t forget about versatility and scalability. It will be great to have several variations of a logo and be able to easily use it for printing and using on websites and go from big to small and vice versa.
As you can see, when starting a business, finding a really good logo design idea is one of the most important steps in your commercial activity. It will set the tone for your future landing pages, business cards, letterheads, sales areas, stuff, clothing and so on.
But all the same, creating a professional logo still isn’t too difficult. Read below, how you can handle it.
How to create a logo
Working by yourself
It is free. You control deadlines and can create whatever you want. And no one knows the subject as well as you. Here are several tips for your muse awakening.
How to find inspiration for creating the very logo that will reflect the essence of your brand, product, conception and aesthetics:
- Write your brand story on a couple of sentences or pages – as you wish.
- Specify and write down words or phrases that describe your company/brand/product.
- Imagine and sketch or write down logo design ideas based on a thesis from the previous item of the list. Pick up fonts, versatile colors, check up on scalability.
- Test the results with your buyers, finalize the logo if needed.
- Develop your logo on a design-aggregator that works for free.
Most of these items you will have to prepare as well while working on online logo aggregators and with professional designers.
But here are the cons of designing a logo by yourself: the branding can and probably will be messed up (you need to be an expert in colouring, marketing, designing, sketching, psychology, calligraphy, your industry standards and relevant trends…). And the price of any mistake is too big. At last, you need time to do this.
Hiring a logo designer
The vast majority of professional designers have all skills and knowledge listed above. But this is not true for all of them, unfortunately. In addition, even experts can misunderstand you. As a rule, you will get a professional result with a strong visual identity, great first impression and all needed multimedia formats. However, it can cost a lot, and adhering to the deadlines is not guaranteed.
Designing logo on online logo generators
Such platforms are easy and fast to use, and propose thousands of logo design ideas. Most of them offer affordable prices or even work for free. Bur still remember, that you may find works of unprofessional people on online generators, and there are many logos with lack of originality, so the logo chosen by you someone else can already be using. So, in theory, some copyright issues are possible.
Logo design ideas collection
Whatever industry you’re seeking logo design ideas for, here is a wide range of creative and catchy options for helping in your endeavours. Let’s make stunning logo designs together!
So what to get in your case?
It depends. If designed in a talented and high-quality way, logos can make your future branding efforts a whole lot easier, whether it’s totally DIY-ed, made on a logo generator or created by a famous designer. The first and the second options are good enough for design novices, startups with lack of money and frugal businessmen. The third one is the best for large companies and premium brands with relevant budgets and related cost of mistakes.
Peek up what you need and start!Please Share it to everyone: