The video format has become an integral part of every marketing plan. According to experts, videos help promote products and multiply sales numbers. Using good video editing software can help present products from every angle, making the buying decision easier for customers.
The best platform will provide you with all the tools you require for making epic videos that will delight your viewers to leave a strong impression and create engaging content. But, how will you make such videos on your own if you do not have a studio or in-house staff specializing in video creation?
Don’t worry; these days, there are various video editing platforms available in the market; with their help, you will be able to create a professional-grade video within a couple of minutes.
Best Video Editing Software
Following is a list of some of the best video editing platforms; some of them are free, and a few may charge-
OpenShot: platform works with Mac, Windows, and Linux. It has an easy-to-use interface, making it a perfect choice for beginners. OpenShot is great for basic editing such as scaling, snapping, trimming, resizing, and rotation. It works well for small businesses and offers frame stepping, audio editing, real-time preview, and credit scrolling.
Some of its worth-knowing features are-
- Drag and drop functionality.
- Unlimited layers for watermarks.
- Advanced timeline.
- Title creation.
- Title templates.
- Video effects like gamma, hue, greenscreen, brightness, hue, and much more.
VideoPad: an incredible platform compatible with Mac and Windows. There are various reasons why people like this video editing software, such as being easy to use and learn, extensive output, supporting 360-degree video creation, and offering a built-in double screen. It is an excellent platform for people who are just stepping into the world of multimedia video editing.
Some of its amazing features are-
- Numerous pre-made and customizable transitions.
- It offers social media sharing and publishing tools to share videos online quickly.
- 3D video editing option.
- You can also export videos in multiple resolutions.
- Offers video optimization tools like stabilization.
Lightworks: is one of the best video editing software available. Even in its free version, you will get everything required to create professional-looking videos in HD and SD formats. It has a simple and intuitive interface, making it perfect for beginners. Lightworks is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux.
Some of its great features are-
- Active user forum.
- Supports a broad spectrum of video formats.
- Renders excellent-quality trim functions for quick video editing.
- Multicam support and speed optimization.
- Lightworks provides its users with real-time team project sharing that offers complete control in which the user has editing access.
It has new high-quality video templates that can give your videos an excellent look; plus, it is effortless to use and offers fantastic flexibility. It is the perfect pick if you wish to create quick presentation videos or listicles for your blog. Thus, if you are a publisher, marketer, or own an agency, this is a great video editor tool for you.
VSDC: is a video editing software to create videos of any length and complexity. VSDC is available as a free and paid version on the Windows platform. Although you will get limited features in its free version, it comes with various editing options such as a mask tool, color correction, chroma key functionality for green screen video effects, and audio editing.
You can use this platform for image and video transformations with subpixel resolution and also use more than ten types of masks for hiding, blurring, or highlighting elements in your film.
Its fantastic feature comprises-
- 4K and HD export, 3D templates.
- Color-correction tools.
- YouTube uploader and a full suite of transitional effects.
- Blending modes and Instagram-like filters.
- Easy-to-use image filters.
They also provide users with social media links to share videos on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and Vimeo.
Movie Maker 10: is another excellent video editing software for Windows and is apt for beginners or individuals who require a simple tool for making quick edits into short films. In its free version, you get an array of video and picture editing tools, plus the ability to add captions with customizable colors and fonts.
The primary functions that it offers are adding background music, video joining, text caption, and various other advanced features such as transition effects, image filter, and much more.
Other features comprise-
- Auto-preview tool for better edits and effects.
- Make movies using video clips and photos.
- Rendering auto-movie options for making customizable cuts of video clips.
- Trim, rotate and join video clips.
- Animation tab that helps you add music, titles, and credits quickly.
- Add and edit background music without trouble.
Blender: is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux. It is a free, open-source 3D animation editing software that helps meet the requirements of most users. It is a creation of hundreds of developers worldwide, which is why they constantly work on updates and launch new features.
Some of its main features are-
- Path-tracer engine.
- Speed control.
- Live preview.
- A vast library that comprises visual effects and vignettes.
- Thirty-two slots approximately for adding video, audio, images, scenes, masks, and effects.
The above listed the popular video editing software readily available; you can choose any per your requirements and budget. You need to have the best video editing software if you work in videography; all the tools it offers will make your work pretty easy and quick.