Do Private Jets Travel Faster Than Commercial Airlines?
Private jets are definitely more luxurious and also a safer option compared to commercial aircraft, but many people wonder whether a private jet charter is really faster than a commercial aircraft. We will explore the answer to this question in this article.
How Fast Can Private Jets Fly?
Before we move on to how fast private jets fly, we would like to let you know that private jets indeed have an advantage over commercial jets in terms of speed, and this is mainly because of the difference in altitude at which they fly. There are other reasons as well, and we will explore all of them here.
Typically, a private jet can fly anywhere between 400 mph and something over 700 mph. However, in most cases, their average speed remains in the range of 600 mph. To give you a comparison, a Boeing 747 has a cruising speed in the range of 500 mph. So, you can draw the comparison by yourself as to how fast an average private jet is.
There are several factors that ensure private jets travel faster, and they are as follows –
- Airports Are Always Closer To Your Desired Destination – In general, private jets have a smaller size in comparison to commercial aircraft, and that is why they can land in numerous airports around the world. Thus, when you are landing at your destination, you can safely choose an airport closest to your desired location. This is one of the factors that lowers your overall travel time.
- You Have to Spend Less Time at the Airport – Another advantage of private jet travel is that you do not have to wait around at the airport. These jets will be scheduled to your time and not the other way around. Moreover, the terminal at which your private plane will arrive is much quieter and more peaceful than the commercial terminal, making the overall process quicker in terms of security checks and other formalities. The whole process is so swift and hassle-free that most of the time, a person has to spend only fifteen minutes at the airport before departure, and then they will be able to board their jet. However, in the case of a commercial airplane, it can take anywhere between two to three hours at the airport for you to board the aircraft.
- Private Jets Fly at Higher Altitudes – There are some facts about private jets you should know, and one of them is that they fly at a higher altitude than commercial aircraft. This has one great advantage because the higher the altitude, the lesser the air resistance faced by the plane. Less resistance ensures that the airplane can fly at a faster speed without using too much fuel, which, in turn, enhances its fuel efficiency. Moreover, the higher altitudes have much drier air, meaning that the percentage of clouds is also much lower, giving the passengers a better flight experience with a lesser chance of turbulence.
What Are the Pros of Fast Travel?
With people’s lives becoming busier by the day, everyone is looking for faster means of travel. Fast travel has become the new normal. But if you are looking for a detailed breakdown of the advantages of fast travel, here you go –
- Firstly, you save a lot of time that you could spend wisely. People have multiple tasks to get done and a ton of places where they have to be, but they don’t have more than 24 hours in a day. However, if they can at least travel faster from one place to another, things are more manageable.
- People don’t often get long periods of holiday. When they have a few days in hand and want to plan the trip of their life, they don’t want to waste time on the commute and layovers. They want to reach their destination fast, so private jet travel comes in handy if you are ready to splurge a little.
- Thirdly, slow travel can be exhausting. Spending hours at an airport only to board another flight is no joke. It takes a toll on your health, and you also suffer from massive jet lag. But with fast travel, you don’t have to go through so much exhaustion.
- Slow travel can be incredibly dull when you have to spend hours to reach your destination
By now, you probably have a pretty clear picture of the advantages you can enjoy if you choose private jets over commercial aircraft. From a safety point of view, private jets are extremely safe and follow strict regulations. They use all the latest and advanced technology, so you need not be worried about that. Indeed, the average private jet is highly maintained and faces much less stress than commercial jets and is thus in much better shape.