After 2020, social media has witnessed a rapid increase in viewership in just 12 months, urging brands to make it an essential part of their marketing strategy. However, as user habits change daily, you need to keep your strategy aligned with the trends.
The popularity of social media videos is now higher than ever before. With new video features like Reels, Shorts, and stories, the scope of video marketing is now all-time high.
If you have not considered video production for your social media pages, these stats will show why you cannot avoid social media videos for a successful business.
- According to Wyzowl’s report, around 92% of marketing professionals who use video marketing believe it is an essential part of their marketing strategy. Also, 87% of them stated that videos are a great tool to bring positive ROIs.
- As per the reports, more than 50% of social media users want to watch videos from brands they support, and 90% of the users make buying decisions after watching video content.
- Cisco Report says that by 2022, videos will drive up more than 82% of internet traffic, which is 15 times higher than it was in the year 2017.
These were only a few stats from an ocean of how videos have transformed social media marketing for coming years.
So, how are you going to keep up with the ever-changing video marketing trends? Here are a few popular trends brands are following to bring more customers to their business.
Most Effective Social Media Trends You Need to Follow in 2022
1. Short Video Content
Let’s start with the most popular yet complex trend in social media videos, short-form videos. They might look easy and less time-consuming, but they take the most of your marketing and creativity to stand out.
Short videos are being used on every social media platform, be it Instagram, YouTube, Linked-in, or Twitter. According to HubSpot, more than 51% of marketers use short videos to increase investment.
Another reason for using short videos is to target an audience with a short attention span. For example, millennials and GenZ cannot keep up with long videos that make no sense. Instead, they would rather watch a 15-second video that provides enough information about a specific product or service.
So, you must start writing video scripts for a 15-20 seconds video that users want to watch and share
2. Work With Influencers
Content creators have taken over social media in the past few years. Audiences that follow influencers love to buy products they are suggesting, and that is the reason why brands run to influencers for product promotion.
You can leverage influencer marketing to create short videos, stories, and reels to promote your products and offers online. All you need is to find creators in your niche with a decent following base on social media. It could be an incredible way to promote your business without investing in production and graphics.
3. Live Streaming
Live streaming became a big thing in 2021. Brands worldwide started broadcasting their product launch events, chats, and reviews on popular channels like Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Live sessions are great to connect with your customers, interact about their likes and dislikes related to your product and have a fun chat to answer their queries.
Most brands also utilize live streaming to launch a few products or connect with their supporters regularly to spread brand awareness.
Whatever your goals are, live streaming can do the trick to reach the target customers on social media.
4. Running Video Ads
Video ads, if done correctly, can reach millions of people around the world. But, no matter how unique your videos are, you must showcase them to more people every day to get the desired results. People like to watch brand videos and informative stuff on social media.
So, running video ads is your chance to leverage the power of videos and bring more people to your business website. Not only does it increase the traffic on your website, but it also boosts conversion and ROI positive results.
As per Statista, video ads expense is going to reach around $120.66 billion by the end of 2024. Therefore, if you want to get solid leads and drive people to your business website, make video ad campaigns a part of your weekly to-do list.
5. AR/VR Video Content
Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality have been around for a while now, but utilizing them in mainstream marketing has recently been a trend. This is great for technology-based businesses that target modern consumers demanding interactive content. AR/VR is the future of digital marketing in every possible way.
So, you must be ready to introduce it to your audience in various activities such as offering trials, educational materials, games and pharma related products or services, etc. These videos keep the buyers engaged and provide a great experience to remember, especially when they make purchase decisions.
6. User-Generated Content
User-generated content means videos created by someone else that include your brand. These people might be your supporters or online reviewers. They promote your product or service through a podcast, Reel, or YouTube Video without getting paid.
However, user-generated videos also take time and effort to make them noticeable and appreciable. Therefore, if you want to make the most of user-generated videos, you can involve active followers by offering rewards or coupons.
This motivates them to create high-quality videos highlighting your product or service. If it works, more people would want to make videos for you!
7. User Analytics
Nothing works better than knowing what your audiences like and what they want to watch online. Social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube offer you in-depth user metrics and analytics to improve your video marketing every day.
Even if you are new to video marketing, performance insights can help you provide the right to your potential customers. Features like views, bounce rate, engagement, and user metrics help improve the quality of your videos.
Key Factors to Consider While Creating Social Media Videos
- Start with finding the most trending topics, and create a strategy to increase brand awareness with the videos.
- Only a few people watch the video till the end. Hence, make your videos short and crips so that the audience finds them engaging and easy to consume.
- Ensure that the first few seconds of your video are interesting enough to continue watching, or half of the viewers will skip right away.
- Include catchy titles, keywords, and exciting video captions to make the most of SEO.
- Use natural lighting while shooting indoor videos to not look dull. However, if you are shooting outdoors, choose a location where you can find calm and greenery.
- Voiceovers are the most important part of videos that tell stories. Make sure you have the right person to touch the emotions of the content and make your audience connect with it.
- Leave the audience with a natural CTA that doesn’t look too sales-oriented.
- Optimize your video for various social media formats and keep the dimension and quality appropriate to make it watchable.
Over to You
Now that you know the best trends for social media videos, create your brand’s best videos. You can also take help from online video creation professionals who can handle all the tasks related to presentation and editing.