Are you already anticipating fall? These crisp and cool days are fast approaching this year, and we are excited since we endured those tropical heatwaves these past months. We bring out our old sweatshirts this season and wear them to keep ourselves warm during fall.
But what if we want to do a makeover on our beloved sweatshirts? This post will tell you all you need to know about your sweatshirts and how you can REVAMP them.
- 1 Types and Styles of Sweatshirts You Should Know
- 2 Guide to Wearing Oversized Sweatshirts for Women
- 3 Three Ideas You Can REVAMP Your Sweatshirts
- 4 Conclusion
Whether it is during summer or winter, sweatshirts are the ideal, comfortable wear we can find. A getup is used to chill during exercises, and as an added clothing layer for fashion style during work or hobby. Sweatshirts continue to develop progressively, and outstanding styles and types have become available for all seasons and activities.
This piece is regular and practical; the crewneck sweatshirt was originally an all-cotton jersey and became a wardrobe necessity for everyone. This sweatshirt has simple long sleeves and a round neck with no collar.
Sweaters are functional and designed for warmth and comfort. Some are made of wool, cotton, or polyester, which is why their fabric’s texture is breathable and soft. Their necklines could be v neck or turtleneck, and some are cardigans.
A hoodie is a classic sweatshirt that has a hood with drawstrings. These fantastic, comfy hoodies have zip-up and pullover styles made of polyester, cotton, and wool. Most of them have kangaroo pockets sewn on them to keep hands warm.
These fashionable sweatshirts are meant to keep the body dry and warm, especially when it is cold. Fabrics of most jackets are cotton, suede, denim, leather, and fleece. They commonly have zippers or buttons, and can be in different fashion styles.
Women love oversized sweatshirts as they are a casual, laid-back street fashion style perfect for all seasons, no matter what the weather is. An oversized sweatshirt is both chic and comfortable to wear and style.
- Wearing an oversized sweatshirt as a dress can be an appealing streetwear style.
- We can never go wrong with jeans as they are always a solid staple with whatever outfit to match. Pair them with an oversized sweatshirt that accentuates the body figure well. To add texture, try acid-washed or ripped denim jeans.
- Get a sporty, active look by pairing fitted bottoms like yoga pants or leggings with an oversized sweatshirt. Vibrant colored pants can add personality and creativity to your outfit too.
- Oversized sweatshirts with joggers are a comfortable matchup to wear during fitness workouts or doing an errand.
- Top an oversized sweatshirt off with classy thigh-high boots to bring a bold and fashionable chic.
- Choosing the right shoes is a must if one wants their sweatshirt OOTD to be the talk of the town while painting the town red. Colored canvas shoes or sneakers would be great options to add flair to any sweatshirt combo.
- Oversized sweatshirts look great when layered with an oversized jacket or a bomber jacket for a spicy activewear vibe.
Since there are various sweatshirts out there, doing a creative hustle will do the trick of going beyond the boundaries of an average sweatshirt to a unique one fit for your desired look. Below are five REVAMP ideas that can be done with sweatshirts.
Since there are various sweatshirts out there, doing a creative hustle will do the trick of going beyond the boundaries of an average sweatshirt to a unique one fit for your desired look. Below are five REVAMP ideas that can be done on sweatshirts.
- Flatten out the sweatshirt by using an iron, then remove all wrinkles to help make an accurate marking along its collar.
- Fold the sweatshirt over halfway first and insert some pins to help keep the seams from both the sleeves and collar aligned.
- Draw a line along the collar using a fabric pen or chalk. Then start marking at least 2 inches outside the collar’s edge and end the line with a 1 inch below the collar at the fold of the sweatshirt. If the fabric is sheer or light, then use a dressmaker’s pen. A dressmaker’s chalk works better for heavier and dark sweatshirts. Or else, a washable marker will work fine in making marks.
- Slowly cut away the collar’s marks using a pair of scissors; if the spots show up from the marker once finished, remove them by washing the sweatshirt.
- The best choice is a brightly-colored sweatshirt like pastels to tone down using bleach.
- Fill a big plastic container with one cup of bleach for each gallon of water.
- Wear gloves, put the sweatshirt in the container, stir well, and then ensure that the top of the sweatshirt is getting an even soaking for an even fade.
- Allow it to soak and stir every three to five minutes.
- Remove the sweatshirt after 30-45 minutes. The time will decide how faded the sweatshirt will get so keep an eye on it.
- Rinse the sweatshirt and wash it. Make sure not to wash it together with other clothes.
- To have a more spotted look, mix water and bleach in a spray bottle, then spray the mixture directly on the sweatshirt before washing it.
- Put a quarter cup of baking soda and one cup of regular iodized salt in a container of hot water and then wash the sweatshirt in it. This mixture will help tone down the color and is unlikely to do damage as with bleach.
- Repeat washing the sweatshirt with this mixture until the appropriate softness and fade is achieved.
- Put the sweatshirt on a clean, flat surface area.
- Draw out a line across the chosen part of the sweatshirt that should be cut off using a fabric pen or chalk and a ruler.
- To find the correct length, hold the sweatshirt up against the body or try it on and then make some minor marks. When you’re done, use a ruler or straightedge to join the markings with a line.
- Use scissors to cut over the fabric. Double-check the sweatshirt is smooth and free from any wrinkles before cutting it.
- Cut over the marked line slowly and try not to push up the sweatshirt while cutting it to avoid a dented length.
Sweatshirts will always be one of the most comfortable and versatile staples. With FASHIONLINE, you will find unlimited styles of blank sweatshirt for your clothing line. FASHIONLINE has been an innovative fashion manufacturer for more than 15 years.
Its in-house fashion design team strives to offer stellar items, building solid partnerships with famous brands such as Shien and Lululemon. FASHIONLINE is your trustworthy business companion. Contact a representative today to see how they can provide all the resources for your fashion business needs.Please Share it to everyone: