Why remapping is Important?
Xbox One allows you to remap the buttons on the controller. Here’s what you need to know:
- This change occurs at the Xbox One operating system level. The game does not know. For example, you can use this feature to change the left and right stick. The game you are playing does not know you have done it. So if the game requires you to use the right, then you will need to use the left stick. You have to remember how you mapped the buttons.
- The mapping layout of the button affects Xbox One games, applications, and dashboard. You cannot create specific settings in a particular game.
- Not all user accounts you sign in to Xbox One can have a single profile linked to a user account and not a controller hardware. If you use the Arsenal One S Clip Board – Xbox One S Remapping, you can save and switch between multiple switch and profiles, but the system cannot change the format at once while playing a particular game.
Steps to Remap Xbox Controller
If this is all worth it, let’s see how to remap your controller’s button:
- First, go to the “My Games and Applications” section of your Xbox One. Select “Applications” on the left side of the screen and launch the “Xbox Accessories” application. This software is already installed.
- Your controller is connected here, and you can select “Configure” to continue. Suppose you have multiple controllers connected at the same time. In that case, you can use the left and right buttons in the pad to achieve a flexible configuration.
- Select the “button mapping” on the left side of the screen. You can always go back here and select “Restore Default setting” to reinstate the default setting.
- Buttons are remapped in two ways. You can first select the button you want to move to from the list at the top left of the screen and then choose the button you want to go to from the “Map to” box below.For example, if you select the “button A” in the top box and the “button B” in the bottom box, button A will act as button B when pressed.
- You can also hold the button you want to remap and then tap the button you want to work on when the button appears to remap the button quickly.For example, you can press the ‘A button’ for a long time and press the ‘B Button’. The ‘button A’ start functioning when you press the ‘B button’.
- Here are some other options that will allow you to change the left and right sticks to reverse them. You can also replace the trigger, which causes the left trigger to operate as a right trigger, and vice versa.
- The options “Rotate right stick Y-axis” and “Invert left stick Y-axis” allow you to rotate the axes horizontally on the shoulders. This means that if you turn this feature on, pushing the stick up will have the same effect as pressing the stick down normally.
- If you have an Xbox One Elite controller, you have more options to configure the controller here.
- When finished, select “Done”. Suppose you need a reminder about which buttons work like other buttons. In that case, you can go back to the Xbox Accessories app to check the custom button mapping settings.
Moreover, you can add four extra buttons and map them to any button on your Xbox One Controller with Arsenal Mod’s remapping boards. Check Arsenal Mod Official Website to check quality hardware for your gaming needs.