Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification number (ID) issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to residents of India. An Aadhaar card contains your demographic and biometric information like name, date of birth, and mobile number apart from the unique ID. Any Indian resident, regardless of age and gender, can apply for an Aadhaar number. It remains valid over their lifetime.
UIDAI urges Aadhaar card holders to update their Aadhaar information for any changes like Aadhaar Card mobile number change. If you want to change your mobile number linked to your Aadhaar Card updated, then you should get it updated on the UIDAI’s database.
Keep reading this article to understand why it is important to keep your Aadhaar information updated. The article will also discuss steps on how to do your Aadhaar Card mobile number change in 2022.
- 1 Why is updating details in Aadhaar important?
- 2 How to perform an Aadhaar Card mobile number change online (with OTP)?
- 3 How to perform Aadhaar Card mobile number change offline or without OTP?
- 4 Why is it important to update the mobile number on your Aadhaar Card?
- 5 Conclusion
Why is updating details in Aadhaar important?
Aadhaar is an important document to verify your identity. The biometric proof of your fingerprints provides a safe and transparent identity verification technique. Aadhaar stores your important personal data in UIDAI’s authorized central warehouse. While enrolling for an Aadhaar card, you must provide valid personal details like contact number, email ID, and so on. For instance, your mobile number will be documented as your permanent contact detail and get linked to your Aadhaar card.
There are two ways to get your Aadhaar Card mobile number changed.: online and offline mode. The below section will discuss both ways to help you update the mobile number on your Aadhaar card.
How to perform an Aadhaar Card mobile number change online (with OTP)?
OTP is sent only to your registered mobile number. So, a registered mobile number becomes important to avail of key Aadhaar online facilities.
UIDAI has provided a facility for verification of the Aadhaar mobile number. You can verify your mobile number which you had mentioned at the time of enrolment or the latest Aadhar contact detail update.
Before verifying your mobile number, it must be registered in your Aadhaar database. If you do not have a registered mobile number while enrolling for an Aadhaar card, you must visit a Permanent Enrolment Centre. You need to get the mobile number registered in your Aadhaar database.
Steps to conduct Aadhaar Card mobile number change online
- Visit UIDAI’s official website
- Select the preferred language to continue
- On UIDAI’s home page select the ‘My Aadhaar’ tab
- Select ‘Aadhaar Services’
- Select ‘ Verify Email/Mobile Number’ as seen below
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and mobile number in the relevant space as seen above
- Enter Captcha with the security code to complete the verification process
- Click on the ‘Send OTP’ tab
- You will receive an OTP on your Aadhaar registered mobile number
- Select the ‘ Verify OTP’ tab after filling in the OTP details
- Click the ‘Submit’ tab
- On authentication of your OTP, you receive a message ‘your mobile number is successfully verified’.
- Your Aadhaar Card mobile number change is completed
How to perform Aadhaar Card mobile number change offline or without OTP?
Without OTP: If you do not have a registered mobile number or want to add a new mobile number to your Aadhaar records, follow the below verification steps.
- Visit the UIDAI website or go to UIDAI’s Homepage
- Click the ‘Aadhaar Card’ Service tab
- Key your 12-digit Aadhaar Number or 16- digit Virtual Identification Number or 28-digit Enrolment Identification Number
- Enter the Captcha security code
- Click the “If you do not have a registered mobile number, please check in the box” tab
- Enter your mobile number (non-registered) or alternate mobile number
- Select the ‘Send OTP’ tab
- Select the ‘Terms and Conditions’ checkbox (click the hyperlink to check the details)
- Select the ‘Submit’ tab to complete OPT verification
- Aadhaar details for authentication get shown before you order the reprint
- Select the ‘Make Payment’ tab. You will be directed to the Payment Gateway
- Post payment, a receipt gets generated with a digital signature. You can download the PDF format of the receipt.
- You receive a Service Request Number (SRN) through SMS
- Click the ‘Check Aadhaar Card Status’ tab to track SRN status till the dispatch of your Aadhaar letter.
- Post dispatch of Aadhaar letter from Department of Post, SMW with airway bill number will be sent.
Aadhaar Card mobile number change – Offline
- You may have lost your mobile number registered on the Aadhaar records or have a different number other than that registered with UIDAI. At such times, you must physically visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Centre to do an Aadhaar Card mobile number change.
- At the Aadhaar Enrollment Centre, you cannot change or add your mobile number via post or online.
Why is it important to update the mobile number on your Aadhaar Card?
The main reasons to update your mobile number on your Aadhaar card include
- An updated registered mobile number is mandatory to avail Aadhaar online services listed under the ‘My Aadhaar’ section on the UIDAI portal.
- Without an Aadhaar registered number, you get access to limited Aadhaar services like ordering Aadhaar reprint, verifying Aadhaar, scanning the QR code, and so on.
- The Income Tax Department asks for the linking of your mobile number to your Aadhaar card.
- Updating your mobile number with the Aadhaar database helps you complete all important Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements. For instance, opening a bank account, provident fund withdrawal, and the like.
- Availing benefits from subsidies, pensions, insurance, and so on require updated contact information on your Aadhaar card.
Aadhaar has huge relevance as it serves as both proof of identity and address for the country’s residents. It is considered a valid document for getting government scheme benefits to opening a bank account, driving license, mobile or internet connection, and so on. So, you must have your updated details on Aadhar records.Please Share it to everyone: