There is a reason every house has a roof. Without the roofing of a house, it is good as inhabitable. So, what do you do if your property suffers roof damage? According to Louis Law group, a Florida-based roof damage insurance claim firm, roof damage can happen at any time and in many ways.
In Florida, one of the most common causes of roof damage is severe winds from hurricanes. Other causes could be fire or a tree falling into your home. Irrespective of the cause of the roof damage, you should take immediate steps to get compensated.
What would a lawyer do for you?
- Your lawyer would let you know what you’re up against: after roof damage, you could be faced with certain conflicting thoughts. With a lawyer by your side, such conflicting ideas would be laid to rest. Also, with an experienced lawyer by your side, you would be aware of the various tactics of insurance companies and know what you are up against. This way, you would be prepared to do whatever it takes, with the guidance of your lawyer, in getting yourself a fair settlement.
- Gathering and Evaluation of Evidence: One of the ways a roof damage claims lawyer can be of help is by gathering all the evidence that would help you prove your entitlement to a settlement. These evidence might be quite challenging to establish as your insurance company would try to make it seem less concrete. One of the ways they could do this is to claim that the roof damage was not precisely due to your claim, but something entirely avoidable caused it.
- Your lawyer would negotiate when necessary: If your lawyer has to, he will negotiate terms with your insurance company. This does not in any way mean that you will have to settle for compensation less deserving. It only means that your lawyer will consider the damages and compare them with what they are willing to pay. If their offer does not in any way compensate for the damages, it will be rejected.
- You will need a lawyer to go to trial: It is not uncommon for insurance companies to reduce or evade claims. If such happens in your case, your lawyer will not hesitate to file a lawsuit if that will get you a befitting settlement. Most times, once the insurance company hears of your intention to file a lawsuit, they try to come to terms with your claim even before the case happens.
- You need a lawyer for guidance: after roof damage, one of the things the insurance company would try to do is present a settlement that looks good to you. Most times, such settlements are not what they seem to be. You will need a whole lot than that to cover the damages. If you are without a lawyer, you most likely will fall for it, and by the time you realize it, it will be too late to make amends.
How long will it take to get compensation for a roof damage?
It is expected of you to want to know how long it takes before your insurance claim is granted after roof damage. The duration depends on some factors:
- The extent of the damage: Before your claim can be granted, the extent of the damage will have to be considered. If it is a lot of damage, it is only expected that evaluation would take longer.
- The number of parties involved: Another factor that could determine the duration of a roof damage claim is the number of parties involved. If other people were affected as well, it might take longer. Suppose the tree fell on more than one roof or a hurricane pulled down the roofs of many homeowners with the same insurance company. In that case, the settlement might take a while.
- The insurance company’s readiness to negotiate: This is a significant determinant of the duration of an insurance claim. In most cases, the insurance company will find strategies to avoid making payments to the victim of a roof damage. This will no doubt elongate the process.
Irrespective of all these factors, one thing is sure; using a lawyer for your roof damage claim will facilitate the process. It is then up to you to get yourself one if you ever find yourself a victim of a Property Damage Insurance Claim Lawyer. And just as stated by this Lawyer Roll article, https://www.lawyerroll.com/should-you-hire-an-insurance-lawyer-for-property-damage-claims/, a Roof Damage Claims Insurance Lawyer will help you in their best capacities.