In this article, you will be getting to know all the vital aspects of clamp-on pallet forks like features, benefits, specifications, and applications, to mention a few. This will help you to think twice while buying the product to fulfill your requirement. A clamp-on pallet fork is a metal bar that is clamped to a bucket on a loader, skid steer, excavator, or forklift and then slid over the cutting edge of a load (such as a pallet fork), securing the device in place. As a result, you can easily raise, relocate, or transport the pallet or load.
There are several things to consider before purchasing a clamp-on pallet fork. There are some of them listed which can help you while making a purchase.
● The material that was used
● Specifications and features
● The installation procedure
● Where can I get the required equipment?
Clamp-on Pallet Forks Features and Specifications
● Increasing the machine’s utility.
● Mounting and dismounting are easy.
● Any pallet width can be accommodated.
● Many buckets can be installed without the use of hardware.
● Capacity ranges from 950 to 5500 kilograms.
● Constructed with sturdiness in mind.
Procedure to Mount a Clamp on a Pallet Fork
Many pallet forks aren’t made to handle buckets with teeth. As a result, keep this in mind at all times. One of the key advantages of these accessories, as I stated earlier, is the ease with which they can be mounted. Here’s what you can do:
- Reduce the height of your tractor bucket by slightly raising the edge off the deck.
- Measure the exact locations on the load where the forks are expected to match. On your tractor bucket, make a mark at the same distance.
- Slide one fork onto the tractor bucket with care. The bucket edge should be able to fit under the clamp.
- Tighten the clamp and make sure it’s securely attached to the bucket of the tractor. Using the second clamp on the pallet fork, repeat the process.
- Assess the two forks when standing in front of the fixed forks to ensure they are at the same stage.
Your forks should now be prepared for the challenge at hand. Again, you must take certain measures to ensure the safety of your equipment at all times. There are some of them:
- Follow the installation and lifting instructions carefully.
- On the tractor bucket, the clamp on pallet forks should be tightened.
- Often have protective equipment on hand, such as gloves.
- Do not overtighten or clamp the forks. That is, do not tighten the clamping mechanism with a hammer.
In reality, there are a plethora of clamp on pallet forks on the market right now. At the end of the day, you’ll only get the advantages we have mentioned if you wish to buy this equipment from a reputable dealer. Where you make a purchase is equally important as this changes the quality of the product, which reflects the actual implementation of the properties.