Getting an Automation Test Engineering job has become a massive challenge. Although several companies roll out highly-paid vacancies, edging out other applicants and securing the job is a Herculean task. The competitive scenario and recruiters wish to hire the most skilled candidates for automation testing. So, it’s best to have a unique strategy for automation testing interview preparation.
The key to preparing for automation testing interviews is having a stronghold of what you already know. How to check if you remember the essential concepts or not? It’s by brushing your knowledge through a top-rated interview questionnaire.
However, you can only focus on essential areas and skip other topics. It’s best to go through the frequently-asked automation testing questions right before your interviews to gain confidence and crack the jobs. Such a preparation strategy will save you time preparing for probable interview questions. All you need is to revise and practice more and more through these FAQs to edge out the competitors.
So, let’s revise the automation testing online course outcomes and prepare for interviews!
1. What do you mean by Automation Testing?
Automation aims to replace manual human activity with more efficient technology or devices. Automation testing performs testing tasks such as entering data, executing test stages, and comparing findings using several sorts of software tools or scripts.
2. Explain the various types of Automation Testing.
The various types of test automation are unit tests, GUI tests, and functional tests.
1. Unit tests are frequently performed during the development phase to limit the number of problems.
2. GUI tests are performed at the testing level, where tests are scripted to test how an application’s user interface functions.
3. Functional tests are also performed at the testing level to replicate practical situations to evaluate the application with provided input and expected output.
3. What do you mean by automated test script?
An automated test script is a short program written in a programming language to execute a series of instructions on a computer application. It ensures that the application meets the requirements. When you run the script, it will give you a pass or fail result depending on whether the application is operating as expected.
4. Mention the good coding practices that everyone must follow when writing test cases for automation?
The following are a few good practices that everyone must follow when writing test cases:
1. Use comments at the relevant places
2. Maintain separate files to reuse functions 3. Follow coding conventions
4. Run scripts regularly
5. What do you know about a Test Automation Framework?
A test automation framework is a collection of universal standards and regulations to ensure that the test automation activity produces favorable outcomes. Function libraries, object details, test data sources, and other reusable modules and methods are part of the automation framework. Testing is more consistent with the use of an automation framework. The following are some of the guidelines:
1. Rules for writing test cases
2. Coding guidelines for creating test scripts
3. Input test data templates
4. Object repository management
5. Log configuration
6. Test result and reporting usage
6. Why utilize automation frameworks? Do you know about the benefits they offer?
Using automation framework has numerous benefits, including:
1. The framework allows for consistency in testing. It establishes a universal standard for testers to follow to meet the objectives of their automated tests.
2. Automation frameworks produce frequent and stable automated test code
3. Safe when planned and implemented appropriately.
4. The code is convenient to maintain and reuse
5. Team can work better with a correct framework.
6. A tester can rely on the framework to refer to simple statements and easily create test cases, even if they have limited knowledge of how the test case is built up.
7. Mention the various types of widely available automation frameworks?
Linear Scripting Framework: The Linear Scripting Framework is a simple test automation framework that works similarly to ‘Record and Playback,’ but linearly. This framework is primarily used for testing small applications.
Data-Driven Framework: It’s used to create test automation scripts by passing various test data sets. The test data, comprising input, expected output, and a result field, is saved in CSV, Excel, text, XML files, etc.
Modular Testing Framework: The testers break down the application into separate components and write test scripts for each one. These individual test scripts are concatenated to form larger test scripts using a master script to achieve the desired situations.
Keyword Driven Framework: In this framework, testers define keywords or action words for each procedure using a table style. Scripting is done, and tests are run based on the keywords supplied in the excel sheet test.
Hybrid Testing Framework: As the name implies, this framework combines two or more preceding frameworks. Based on the tester’s requirements, it tries to utilize the strengths and benefits of various frameworks.
8. How do you measure the effectiveness of Automation Testing?
The following factors can help us gauge the effectiveness of Automation testing:
1. Time saved
2. Count of encountered defects
3. Test coverage
4. Maintenance Time
5. Installment cost
6. Test re-usability
7. In-focus software quality
9. Can we achieve 100% automation?
It is impossible to achieve 100% automation because some test scenarios are challenging to automate. In such circumstances, writing automation tests will take significantly more time than saving. Checking the backdrop color of a window or dialogue box can be an excellent illustration. Creating a test case for such a simple activity, on the other hand, would require twice as much time and effort. In such circumstances, manual testing is the best option. As a result, total automation is not achievable.
10. Name the conditions where automation testing is impossible
1. When you have ever-changing requirements
2. Exhaustive documentation
3. One time test cases
4. Ad-hoc testing
5. Exploratory testing
6. User interface testing
To sum up
Keep the automation testing engineer FAQs handy when preparing for a relevant interview. Having a stronghold on the answers to the above questions will give you an unbeatable edge in any job. Practice the above questions and revise your concepts right before any interview to become more employable in a short span. All the best in your endeavors!