Cumin (Cumin seeds/ Jeera) is a delicious spice masala and Cumin is also used as a drug at a very high extent. Cumin is very popular in Asia. It is of 3 types-
- White cumin seeds.
- Cinnamon cumin seeds.
- Black cumin seeds.
Their properties are the same. All three cumin seeds are spicy and sharp. Especially if we think about Indian region black cumin seeds or kala jeera is highly popular here. Most of the Indian cuisines are dependent on kala jeera.
Today, in this article, we are going to discuss all the benefits of cumin seeds, side effects and contradictions of cumin seeds, uses of cumin seeds in medicine and cooking etc. Then to enrich you we will also discuss on black cumin seeds oil, coriander vs cumin, caraway seeds vs cumin seeds etc.
59 Benefits of Cumin Seeds
Benefits of cumin for constipation, cure, peptide, gastric, forceful, coughing and eyes.
White cumin seed-spraying and spices come in handy and Shah Zira is used as a special medicine.
Thyme cumin seeds and Shellfish are two different types of cumin. Thyme cumin is known as a small cumin seed or isabgol.
Cumin seeds as a Cure of Asthma Disease
At the time of asthma, cumin, black pepper, salt and whey should be consumed. Cumin Powder and lemon water mixture is great medicine for asthma.
Dry Skin cure by Cumin
Mixing 1 spoonful of cumin seeds, mixing one spoonful of honey, lick after eating after eating it, there is benefit in dry skin. There are many benefits of honey and cumin mix on skin. This is a natural organic way to get clear skin.
Get Relief from Acidity by Cumin
- Mix cumin seeds, coriander and sugar candy in equal quantity, mixing 2-2 teaspoons in the morning and evening meal after getting cooked with cold water, acidity gets cured.
- Combine 5 grams cumin powder with jaggery and consume it.
- Mix 1 gram coriander in 1 gm cumin powder, mixing a little quantity of sugar mixed with acid helps in acidification.
- Make a powder by adding cumin and sugar. Take this powder in half a tablespoon of milk with milk.
- Grind 40 grams of white cumin seeds and 40 grams coriander with water and mix it with 320 grams of ghee. Consuming this mixture from 6 grams to 20 grams, the complaint of acetic acid is eradicated.
- Make a powder by mixing white cumin seeds, black cumin seeds, sesame seeds, roasted asafoetida and black pepper in equal quantity and take a half-a-half spoonful of powder with water.
Cumin Reduces Stomachache
- Drink 2 grams of cumin seeds mixed with lukewarm water and drink it with relief in stomachache.
- Grind white cumin seeds with alcohol and take it on the stomach and relax in stomachache.Take 3-3 grams of finely grind cumin seeds twice a day with hot water and get relief from body aches and stomach aches.
- Eating with 120 grams of black cumin seed with honey is beneficial.
- Health benefits of cumin and honey are like a panacea for stomachache.
Cumin: An Organic Remedy of Constipation
- Prepare the powder by roasting cumin 120 grams, coriander roasted 80 grams, 40 grams of black pepper, 100 grams of salt, 15 grams of cinnamon, 15 ml of lemon juice, 200 grams of native clay, and 200 grams of gram flour, By consuming it, constipation is destroyed and hunger increases. Cumin and ginger mix can be a solution to constipation.
- Grind 25 grams black and white roasted cumin seeds, peepal 25 grams, boil 25 grams, 25 grams of black pepper and black gram 25 grams, then mix 10 grams roasted asafoetida afterwards. Then add lemon juice in this made powder and make small tablets and dry it after eating it and eat two tablets as dosage. Constipation is removed from it.
Vomiting Can be Reduced by Cumin
- If the juice of the bark is stirred with cumin and sugar candy, then along with vomiting, fever and diarrhea, it also gets cured.
- Take one spoon of honey in a fine powder of one spoon roasted cumin and after taking it daily after eating it. Vomit is fine with it. There are many benefits of garlic and cumin mix in preventing vomiting.
Usage of Cumin Blisters of Mouth
Grind cumin seeds and mix equal to rocket cumin seeds. Grind them. Applying it in the mouth, the ulcers are cured.
Cumin as a Remedy of Diarrhea
- Eat the fine white cumin powder in half to two grams with yogurt for 2 to 3 times daily. Due to this, diarrhea, lack of food and lack of appetite can be cured.
- Put the honey in half a spoonful of cumin seeds and roast it in 1 day.If you have thin scalp, add cumin seeds and grind cumin seeds, mix them in half a teaspoon of honey and grind it four times daily.
- After eating the meal, add cumin seeds, black salt together in buttermilk. This will close the diarrhea.
- After eating, after eating the food, add cumin seeds and cumin seeds in the buttermilk, get relief in diarrhea.
- Put a spoon cumin seeds, 2 cloves of garlic, one teaspoon of dry ginger, one spoonful of fennel, 2 cloves and 4 grams of pomegranate fruit and fry them, fry this powder, consume the amount of half spoon 3 times a day Gains the benefits in diarrhea.
- Make a powder by grinding cumin and sugar finely and after mixing it with buttermilk in a spoonful amount of 1 teaspoon, diarrhea is stopped repeatedly.
Infirmity of the Heart Can be Taken Care by Cumin
Soak 10 grams of cumin seeds white in 100 grams of water. Filter the morning and mix it with the drink and drink it.
Cumin for Treating Chickenpox
Keep 100 grams of coriander and 50 grams of cumin seeds for 12 hours in the water to soak them. Then mix both well in water and filter this water and fill it in the bottle. In the disease of smallpox, it is beneficial to drink the same water after the child is thirsty again.
Tumorrhea (Tonsil) Treatment by Cumin
Grind 3 grams cumin and 2 grams of ocher together and after applying it on the throat with water, swelling of the throat and pain is removed.
Use of Cumin in the Preparation of Cough Syrup
It is beneficial to grind cumin seeds with hot water, itching in skin diseases like itching, pimples, irritation, pain etc.
White Spots Treated by Cumin
- Make a fine powder of 10-10 grams of Khadir tree bark (katha tree skins), black cumin seeds, green tea. After eating this 3 grams of powdered food with Khadirasar, after consuming it, white stains are destroyed.
- Grind 3 grams black pepper and mix with 25 grams of sugar, white stain is healed.
Burning Treatment by Cumin
Grinding cumin seeds with water and grafting on the burnt organ gives benefits.
Treatment of Swelling in the Body by Cumin
Grind cumin and sugar in equal proportions, and take 1-1 teaspoon three times in the form of Funky daily, swelling is removed.
Cumin Cures Disease of Hiccup
- Take half to two grams of white cumin seeds in the morning and evening with ghee, it removes the disease of hiccup.
- After drinking cumin seeds, the hiccup is stopped.
- Put cumin seeds in vinegar and boil it. Filter it and drink it This makes a profit in hiccups.
- Grind cumin seeds and pippi and make powder. Mix a little peacock in it. Eat about 2 grams of honey with it. This will stop hiccups coming.
- Take half to 2 grams of white cumin ghee in the morning and evening, there is a benefit in the hiccup. Smoking is also beneficial in hiccups.
Cumin Improves Digestion
Grind with 10 grams of cumin seeds, 10 grams of salt, 10 grams of sterilis, 10 grams of dry ginger, 10 grams of pepper, 10 grams of black pepper, 10 grams of black salt, 10 grams of parsley, 10 grams asafetida, and 10 grams of vermilion. Make the powder, add 40 grams of nitrogen in this powder, taking 3-3 grams of hot water with hot water twice a day increases digestion of the stomach.
Cumin Prevents Disease of Mouth
Black cumin, kooth and Indrajo together with all the cheeks, mouth chest, mouth ulcer and deodorant are removed.
Cumin is a Deodorant of the Mouth
Fry the cumin seeds and fresh your mouth and breath.
Use of Cumin to Prevent Vomiting of Pregnant Women
Make a light by wrapping cumin in a silky cloth. Burning it and smelling it smokes the old vomiting.
Prevention of Blood with Urine by Cumin
It is beneficial to take half a to two grams of cumin seeds in water and mix it with water twice a day.
Cumin Can Solve Hearing Problem
The disease of hearing less can be cured by cumin.
Prevent Hemorrhoids by Cumin
- By making a decoction of saiyah jira (black cumin), it is beneficial in piles after washing piles of piles.
- Eat cumin and sugar candy and drink it with water, rest in the pain of piles (Arhar).
- Add cumin, fennel and coriander 1-1 teaspoon to 1 glass water and boil until half the water is finished, then after mixing one spoonful of ghee in the water, mix it twice a day and get relief in piles.
- Fry 25 grams of black cumin, mix it with 25 grams of black gram flour and make powder by roasting it. Take this 3 grams powder with water every morning.
Kidney Disease Prevention by Cumin
Grind black cumin seeds 20 grams, oven 10 grams, black salt 5 grams, mix vinegar and take 3-3 grams every evening.
Read Now: All You Need to Know About Vitamin Supplements
Cumin Helps in Menstruation
- Prepare the paste with 5 grams black cumin seeds, granulated pulp 10 grams, dry ginger, and 5 grams all three. It should be applied on the stomach for fifteen days. This treatment should be done every day for fifteen days. From this, menstruation begins to come openly and also the pain of nerves is destroyed.
- Take 6 grams of black cumin seeds, 6 grams of cinnamon, gum, chitak (cheetah), 6 grams of fennel and boil it in 100 ml while the amount of 25 millimeters remains in the remaining. It consumes 30 to 50 millimeters of water twice a day, and there is no pain in the menstrual cycle.
Dysentery Can be Treated by Cumin
Take 3 grams black cumin and pomegranate leaves in water and drink it, removes the disease of bloody dysentery.
Cure Malfunctioned Digestion by Cumin
- Make a powder by grinding 10 grams cumin seeds, 10 grams of dry ginger, 15-grain peel and 20-grain black peppers. Mix a little rock salt in it and take a half-a-half spoonful of it in the morning and evening with lukewarm water.
- Boil 2 spoons cumin in water, when the water is half to one cup, it is useful to take 3 doses in a day as a dose.
- Make a powder by mixing cumin seeds, dry ginger, roasted asafetida, black pepper, cloves and grind 10-10 grams, then take a punch of this powder from it and drink it with water.
Stop Epidemiology by Cumin
- Mix 2 grams of white cumin powder and 1 gram powder of mithri in the removal of bitter nem bark and taking it with honey, white is destroyed.
- Grind cumin and sugar candy in equal quantity and make powder, then after consuming this powder with rice wash, get benefit in white blood.
- Take 1 spoon cumin seeds and fry them on the pan. Then grind it and mix it with a little sugar. This eliminates white fibers.
Prevent Stone Generation in Body by Health
Make powder by mixing cumin and sugar in equal proportions. Stones are fine after taking 1-1 spoonful of crushed rice with cold water thrice a day.
Cure Toothache by Cumin
- Rinse the black cumin with boiled water and remove the pain of the tooth.
- Fry 3 grams cumin seeds and mix 3 grams rock salt in it and grind it finely and make the mango. Dissolving this mungen on gums ends the pain of swelling and teeth.
Prevent Repeated Urination by Cumin
Make powder by mixing cumin, nutmeg and black salt in 2-2 grams of coconut, then it benefits from eating this mixture with 100 ml juice of pineapple.
Read Now: To Boost Your Immune System, Include These 5
Remove Mouth Stench by Cumin
If you have smells in the mouth, then fry cumin seeds. This use removes the stench of the mouth.
Get Relief from Malaria Fever by Cumin
- Grind one spoon cumin seeds, add 10 grams of jaggery. Make 3 doses of this before giving fever, give it in the morning, afternoon and evening.1 teaspoon cumin seeds without grinding. Mix 3 times jaggery in it and make 3 tablets. Use the pills between 1-1 hours before the onset of malaria fever at a certain time, use it for a few days. It cures malaria fever.
- Make small tablets by grinding black cumin seeds, elua, dry ginger, black pepper, neem tree of kharif tree and granary of Karanje. Maleria fever is eliminated by taking 1-1 pills in the day to 3-3 hours of the day.
Cure Slow Digestion by Cumin
Make cumin powder by adding equal quantity of cumin seeds, peanut, rock salt, peepal, black pepper, and equal quantity. After eating 1 tablespoon of this powder, eating it with fresh water, food gets digested quickly.
To Get a Clear Face Use Cumin
Boil cumin and wash it with water, it increases the beauty of the face. It can be used as a natural remedy to clear dead skin.
Treat Itching and Hives by Cumin
Boil cumin seeds in water, washing the body with that water will erase the itching and hives of the body.
Prevent Gum in Breasts by Cumin
If the lactation occurs in women breastfeeding, then add cumin seeds in water and apply it on the breast. The advantage will come.
Read Now: Avocado Calories Half -Calories In 100g Avocado
Removal of Accumulated Milk from Breasts by Cumin
Add cumin seeds to 50 grams by roasting it in the cow’s ghee and mix it in the amount of 50 gram in it. It should be used in the amount of 5-5 grams with milk in the morning. This also makes the uterus clean and increases milk in the chest.
Increase Milk in Breasts by Cumin
- Mix white cumin, fennel and sugar candy in separate quantities of different powders. Giving it a spoon of milk three times a day with milk, there is more growth in the milk of the mother giving woman.
- Breast milk increases in a few days after drinking white cumin seeds and chutney rice in the milk.
- 125 grams of cumin seed and mix 125 grams of sugar mixed in it. Consume it for 1 teaspoon every morning and in the evening. This increases milk in breasts.
Cumin is Beneficial for Night Blindness
- Mix cumin, amla and cotton leaves and grind them into cold water and make a paste. For a few days, the rhythm will be removed from the band after placing it on the head.
- Making cumin powder by taking cumin seeds is beneficial in night blindness (not visible at night).
Cumin Goes Against Scorpion Poison
Grind cumin and salt and mix it with ghee and honey and heat it a bit and apply it on a scorpion stinger.
Cure Fever by Cumin
Mix 5 grams of cumin seeds with old jaggery and make pills and eat fever and chronic fever.
Burning of Chest Due to Acetic Acid by Cumin
Acidity is beneficial for taking coriander and cumin powdertogether after burning of chest caused by food due to acid.
Read Now: 11 Benefits Of Drinking Cinnamon Water
Stop Inflammation of the Testicles by Cumin
- Grind 10-10 grams cumin seeds, black pepper and boil the water with boiling ovaries after boiling it in water.
- Grind 10-10 grams cumin seeds and oily water and make a little bit by applying it on the test, the growth of the testicles stops.
Increased Meat of the Uterus can be Reduced by Cumin
Mix black cumin and elephant nails thoroughly and mix fermented oil. Then it should be soaked in cotton cloth and kept in vagina for three days. This reduces the increased meat of the uterus.
Cumin can be a Precaution for Winter
- Boil cumin seeds in water and remove the scabs and scabies of the body by bathing with that water.
- Take 5-5 grams of cumin, coriander and ginger in boiling water and boil it in water and after drinking this solution, cold bile ends soon.
- While bathing, take two teaspoons of cumin powder or one lemon in water and take bath. Eating bitter cumin seed with jaggery benefits greatly.
Prevent Pain and Swelling of the Breasts using Cumin
Grinding white cumin with alcohol and putting it on the breast eliminates the pain and swelling of the breasts.
Raising of the Breasts by Cumin
With the addition of black cumin seeds in half to two grams, add a little sugar candy and drinking them, the breasts are fully grown.
Cumin Removes Stomach Worms
- Mix black cumin powder mixed with honey and drink stomach worms.
- Boil cumin seeds, make a decoction, drinking this decoction removes stomach worms.
Cumin Fights Against All Kinds of Pain
Grind white cumin 40 grams, 20 grams of acetate, grind 10 grams black salt and 80 grams of black pepper, and grind it to grind and grind it, then add this powder to lemon juice and make small tablets twice a day Taking along with warm water brings all the pain benefits.
Treat Nasal Disease by Cumin
Mixing cumin powder, cumin and sugar together, drinking this drives away cold.
Improve White Blood Cells by Cumin
Grind cumin and sugar candy in equal quantity by making powder, then using this powder with the washing of rice, it provides benefits in white blood.
Removal of Infertility by Cumin
- If a woman is suffering from a back pain, it should be understood that the meat inside her uterus has increased. For this, completely burn the crack of the elephant and grind it thoroughly and grind it thoroughly, then mix 5 grams powder with black cumin and add turmeric oil to it. Infusion of this oil by putting it in a cotton wool and keeping the uterus in the vagina for 3 consecutive days.
- If a woman has pain in the stomach, then it should be understood that the uterus is burnt. Grind the black cumin seeds, roasted, roasted, 5-5 grams, and grind it, then put one gram palm in water and put it in cotton, and keep it on the mouth of the uterus in the vagina for three days continuously.
Increase the Size of the Breasts by Cumin (for women)
Black cumin increases in the size of the breasts by eating half a to two grams in a day in the morning and evening.
Take Care of Breasts’ Diseases by Cumin
20 white cumin seeds, cardamom seeds 10 grams, cucumber mangi 20 and pumpkin seeds measuring 20 nos. By grinding all these, after consuming 4-6 grams of water or with milk, the milk of the breasts increases and the impure milk gets purified. In the winter, take 3 grams of this powder in the winter and mixed with grated sugar candy and fry it, and drink goat’s milk on top, it gives a lot of benefit.
Treatment of Eczema by Cumin
Eczema ends with 1 mg of roasted cumin seeds, 10 grams of sugar mixed with lemon juice and grinding it daily in the morning and evening.
Prevention of Arthritis by Cumin
Prepare the powder by grinding 25 grams of dry ginger, 25 grams of black pepper, 15 grams of peepal, 10 grams of garlic and 20 grams of white cumin seeds etc., all together. Take two pinch of this powder with honey in the morning and get relief in arthritis.
Organic Treatment of Skin Disease by Cumin
Grind cumin, wax, glass, honey and myar in equal amounts. Mixing it on the cow’s ghee helps in boils and pimples. Cumin can be used to prepare natural homemade face packs for better skin care.
Treatment of Scab-itching by Cumin
- Boil the cumin seeds in water and after bathing with that water the body’s itching and urticaria (heat) disappears.
- So we have discussed 59 health benefits of cumin. I hope you all have liked the article. Please let us know your thoughts in the comment section. It means a lot. Thank you.
Side effects of cumin seeds
- The categorical contraindications to the use of cumin, both in the form of a seasoning and for treatment, include heart disease, since there is a high risk of a heart attack.
- During pregnancy, you should refrain from using cumin and treatment with drugs based on it.
- For diabetics, cumin is also contraindicated, as its use increases blood sugar levels.
- Cumin can irritate the stomach, so it is undesirable to use it for patients suffering from gastritis and gastric or duodenal ulcers against a background of high acidity.
- Cumin should not be used for cholelithiasis.
The use of black cumin in medicine
Black cumin broth and oil are quite actively used in medicine, especially for constipation.
“Infusion of black cumin has a laxative effect by enhancing intestinal motility, increases the secretion of bile and gastric juice, and reduces flatulence. It is often used in case of weak bowel function – atony, ”says endocrinologist Inga Alikhanyan .
In case of colds, black cumin helps by strengthening the immune system and expectorant effect, which allows you to quickly remove mucus and make breathing easier. Aromatherapy with cumin oil helps with bronchitis and also soothes the nervous system.
Black cumin will not interfere with nervous disorders, accompanied by decreased appetite and constipation. This herb will help reduce stress and aid digestion.
Black cumin is used as an essential oil in cosmetology to relieve inflammation on the skin. It is often added to massage oils and masks. The oil stimulates hair growth, reduces dry scalp.
The use of black cumin in cooking
Black cumin has a peculiar bitter-spicy aroma that is suitable for desserts and baked goods, as well as for main dishes and marinades. And cumin oil is used as a dressing for salads and side dishes; honey is often added to it. You can also find the seasoning ground and sprinkle on dishes.
Cabbage pie with cumin
A hearty pie can also replace a full meal, if served, for example, with a vegetable salad. Skits can be eaten hot and cold.
- Flour – 450 gr
- Dry fast-acting yeast – 4 tsp
- Water – 1 glass
- Eggs – 1 piece
- Butter – 100 gr.
- Black cumin – 2-3 tsp
- Sugar, salt – to taste
- Cabbage – 600 gr.
- Bulb onions – 2 pieces
- Vegetable oil – 3 tablespoons
- Tomato paste – 1 tablespoon
- Green onions, parsley, dill – a few twigs
- Spices: ground black pepper, ground coriander – each on the tip of a knife
- Salt to taste
- Mix yeast immediately with flour, add salt and sugar. It is better to hold the butter in the freezer – then it is easier to grate it. Pour the grated butter into flour and rub into crumbs with your hands, then break the egg there and add water. The amount must be adjusted so that the dough is plastic, but does not stick to your hands. Leave the dough for half an hour in the refrigerator under the plastic wrap.
- Let’s prepare the filling: first you need to peel and chop the onions, fry them in oil. Then add cabbage cut into strips, spices, stir and simmer covered for about 15 minutes. At the end add tomato paste and herbs and mix everything.
- We take out the dough: it needs to be divided into 2 parts, one of which is slightly larger than the second. Roll out a large piece to a thickness of half a centimeter and place in a greased form, closing the sides. Put the cooled filling on top.
- Roll out a smaller piece of dough to the same thickness, cover the filling on top, pinch the edges. Use a fork to make holes over the entire surface of the cake. You can brush it with the yolk of an egg. Decorate the pie with black cumin seeds and put in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
Beetroot salad marinated with caraway seeds
An unusual serving of the usual beets will pleasantly diversify your lunch or dinner. You can use any pickled cheese – feta cheese, mozzarella, whichever you prefer.
- Boiled beets – 1 piece
- Basil, arugula, parsley – small bunch
- Pickled cheese – 70 gr
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons spoons
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Mustard – 2 teaspoons
- Honey – 1 tbsp. the spoon
- Salt to taste
- Walnuts – 50 gr
- Black cumin – 1 tsp
Peel the beets and cut them into large cubes or wedges. Prepare the marinade: mix honey, lemon juice, mustard, olive oil. If the cheese is salty, then no salt can be added. Marinate the beets in the mixture for 5 minutes.
Cut the cheese into large cubes and chop the nuts into pieces. Chop the greens, tearing with your hands not too finely, the parsley can be chopped. Put all the herbs on a dish.
Stir the beets, cheese, nuts and place on top of the herbs, sprinkle with black cumin seeds or ground spice.
How to choose and store black cumin
When choosing, pay attention to the aroma – caraway has a pronounced sweet-spicy smell. If the spice almost does not smell, then the seeds have been stored for too long or the storage conditions have been violated and the spices are “exhausted”. The size of the grains is about the same as that of black peppercorns, the color should be the same black. Ground cumin is stored less and loses its flavor faster.
Black cumin can be found on sale in drugstores and spice departments in stores. It is desirable that the packaging be airtight.
Caraway seeds are stored at room temperature in a dark place, the container must be airtight so that the spices do not lose their aroma and do not absorb other odors. A glass or ceramic jar works well. In this form, black cumin lasts up to two years.
Black Cumin Seed Oil
Black cumin, which belongs to the buttercup family, is a spicy seasoning known in our country as “cumin”, “Indian cumin”, “zira”, which has been highly valued in the Mediterranean, India, Central and Asia Minor since ancient times.
But the most precious product that is obtained from the seeds of this plant is oil, which has a wide range of amazing qualities.
We tell you about its benefits, how to use oil to activate the body and prevent diseases, in cosmetology and cooking.
Healing properties of black cumin seed oil
The process of making oil has remained unchanged since ancient times: the seeds are placed in a vise press and pressed without heating until precious drops of a brownish-green hue are released from the pulp, which have a characteristic tart taste and spicy smell.
References to black cumin are found in the Bible and the Koran, and the oil squeezed from the seeds of this plant was found by archaeologists in the tomb of one of the Egyptian pharaohs. The founder of Islam, the Prophet Muhammad, is credited with the words: “black cumin heals from all diseases except death.”
Oil has been used for centuries in Islamic medicine as an independent medicine and as part of various medicines. Modern science confirms: this product really has a unique composition and contains a number of biologically active components.
Chemical composition of black cumin seed oil
It is difficult to find a natural product with the same rich composition as black cumin oil. It contains 18 unsaturated and 8 saturated fatty acids, phospholipids, 15 amino acids (including 8 essential ones), flavonoids, mono- and polysaccharides, vitamins, enzymes, saponins, essential oils.
Fatty acids in black cumin seed oil
|Acid name||Number of gr. in 100 gr.|
|Acid name||Number of gr. in 100 gr.|
Data for the table: ResearchGate
One of the main biologically active components of black cumin oil is thymoquinone.
This substance has been studied since the 1960s. Thymoquinone is an antioxidant, has anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects.
Why black cumin seed oil is useful
Black cumin oil affects many systems of the body, has tonic, tonic, analgesic, anti-inflammatory and many other properties.
- relaxes the muscles, relieves spasms;
- reduces the intensity of the allergic reaction;
- has antifungal effect;
- promotes the outflow of mucus from the respiratory tract, dilutes phlegm and dilates the bronchi;
- stimulates tissue regeneration and wound healing;
- promotes the resorption of hematomas, scars, adhesions;
- has a choleretic effect;
- stimulates urination;
- dilates blood vessels, lowers blood pressure;
- regulates metabolism, helps to get rid of excess weight;
It has a positive effect on the reproductive organs of men and women, increases lactation in nursing mothers, relieves skin diseases, removes wrinkles and prolongs the youthfulness of the skin.
Use of black cumin seed oil
I think that after reading the previous chapters, many will be inspired – “Oh, here it is a remedy for all diseases!”
But oil alone is not enough. Although indeed, this is a very powerful remedy, one must approach it very carefully, and use black cumin oil as a remedy – only after consulting a doctor.
THE MAIN USE OF BLACK CUMIN OIL IS PREVENTION OF VARIOUS DISEASES AND GENERAL STRENGTHENING OF THE BODY.
In cosmetology, black seed oil is used to strengthen the skin, nails and hair. For varicose veins, fungal skin lesions, joint pain, cumin oil is used in the form of compresses and lotions.
Plus, the spicy flavor makes it a pleasant and healthy food addition.
Prevent black cumin seed oil from doing harm
This oil can be called not only a natural antibiotic, but also an immunomodulator, because of the high concentration of bioactive substances, it is not suitable for everyone.
When taken orally, when the oil starts to work, unusual, unpleasant sensations may appear – heartburn, rash.
Contraindications to its use in any form are:
- Individual intolerance;
- The presence of implanted organs;
- Increased acidity of the stomach, heartburn;
- Low blood pressure;
- Age up to 3 years.
You should refrain from taking the oil two weeks before any surgery, as it reduces the blood’s ability to clot.
With diabetes, you should definitely consult with your doctor whether to start taking the product, because of the oil’s property to lower blood sugar levels.
How much black cumin seed oil we can take
Everything is very individual, you need to feel very much. I recommend starting with skin tests – you need to see how the body reacts. Then half a teaspoon, a quarter of a teaspoon – to see how susceptible the body is to herbal preparations. Reaching 1-2 teaspoons.
Can be taken with honey or diluted in warm honey water or washed down with it. The oral mucosa very quickly absorbs oil components. You can not immediately swallow it, but roll it a little in your mouth.
Drink half a teaspoon for a week, see how you feel, then a week – a whole teaspoon. And choose a regime for yourself – you can drink for a week and take a break for a week, then again. One, two courses a year. Autumn and spring. Or spoon once a week. Systematically once a week and so on for six months.
Caraway seed oil is a recognized cosmetic product that has beneficial effects on skin, hair and nails. It nourishes and moisturizes the skin, slows down the aging process, smoothes wrinkles, restores the structure of the skin and hair, and strengthens nails.
As a rule, black cumin oil is included in the composition of cosmetic masks and creams, since in its pure form it has an overly strong effect. Black cumin oil is excellently combined with almost all cosmetic products, as well as with other vegetable oils.
- Nourishment and hydration of dry skin is provided by a mixture of olive, caraway and almond oils, which is applied to problem areas in a slightly warmed form.
- To stimulate hair growth, cumin oil is mixed with burdock, ground red pepper is added at the tip of a knife and the mixture is applied to the scalp.
- To restore the hair structure, a mask is prepared from a glass of kefir and two tablespoons of oil. The mixture is applied to the hair along the entire length and kept for about an hour.
- As a supportive care, add one to two drops of black seed oil to your daily skin care cream, shampoo or balm. For the appearance of a persistent, pronounced effect, regular use is necessary for a long time.
- To strengthen your nails, it is recommended to apply 2-3 drops of oil to each nail plate, then rub it gently into the nail and cuticle. This procedure should be carried out daily before going to bed for a month, then take a month break and repeat the course.
Black cumin oil is often used in the preparation of oriental national dishes and baked goods. Its rich aroma requires caution when added to cereals, soups and vegetable dishes.
And when dressing salads, to soften the bitter aftertaste, they are mixed with olive or sunflower oil. The use of black cumin oil in complex salad dressings gives them a specific shade and additional benefits.
How to choose black cumin seed oil and how to store it
Trading networks today offer a huge number of drugs positioned as natural black cumin oil, but not all of them are equally effective and useful.
There is an easy way to determine the quality of black seed oil. It is necessary to drop it onto the album sheet and see how the drop will behave. If the product is diluted, then it quickly spreads, forming a wide rim around the drop. And high-quality oil stays on the surface of the leaf for a long time, keeping the shape of a drop.
When buying, pay attention to the manufacturer – prefer oil from plants grown in countries with hot and dry climates: Egypt, Syria, Ethiopia, Saudi Arabia. For example, the varieties “Ethiopian” or “Royal”.
According to the production technology, the oil should only be cold pressed.
The expiration date of the oil is indicated on the packaging. You can store it at a temperature not exceeding + 25 ° C. The opened bottle is kept in the refrigerator.
Top 6 substitutes for cumin seeds
Cumin is the second most popular spice in the world after black pepper. However, sometimes we may need a substitute for cumin for some reason.
It could be because you are not necessarily a fan of cumin or just don’t have any cumin in its trusty spice cabinet.
Both are viable reasons to need a substitute for cumin . However, having cumin is going to be extremely beneficial to your health due to the nutrients you will add to any recipe with it.
Cumin has iron, copper, zinc, potassium, and magnesium . These are all minerals necessary to help your body function properly. Without having these minerals in your system, you are not going to feel as healthy as you could. Little tasks like getting around are going to be more than a struggle.
You can also reap the benefits of gaining vital vitamins and dietary fiber that are going to improve your health as well.
Cumin comes from a plant typically native to the Asian region of the Middle East. It is part of the same family as parsley and fennel, which are also very popular spices.
The smell and taste of cumin is something that is very difficult to replace because it is unique. There really is nothing to compare with. However, there are some substitutes that can come close to what you could get from cumin . Although they won’t be exactly the same, they will add that unique flavor that only cumin can really create.
Cumin is actually an ingredient in chili powder , so if you have any of that, you can use it to put a bit of cumin back into whatever recipe you’re making. Because it is chili powder, it will add a little heat to your recipe, so if you don’t want that, you should consider another substitute.
If you still have very limited options, then I would recommend that you use about half the recommended amount of cumin when using chili powder. Adding half is safe because it will prevent you from adding too much spice to a recipe that may not be spicy.
It is not a fun experience to eat something that you hope is not spicy and has nothing but heat with each bite. This is only going to make the recipe look even hotter than it actually is.
This is a traditional Indian spice that contains a good amount of cumin . All the ingredients that make up Garam Masala give it a flavor that is somehow earthy, sweet and spicy all in one.
This is different from cumin itself. With this you will experience many different flavors that somehow mix very well together. So if you want more cumin flavor, you need to add less of this spice to any recipe you’re making. Adding too much Garam Masala will completely change the way things are going to know if you are looking for a specific flavor.
My suggestion would be to add about half of this if you are using it as a substitute for cumin. You can always add more Garam Masala later, but keeping it halfway will ensure you don’t overdo it. Keep the flavor smooth and you won’t have to worry about the recipe getting overwhelming.
A safe route to take when you’re looking for a substitute for cumin is to choose something that’s in the parsley family. Ground coriander is a member of this family. When you choose something from the same family, the flavor may not be exactly the same, but you will get similar properties and benefits from it.
The difference between coriander and cumin is the heat it provides. Cumin is stronger than coriander. If you have a little difference in flavor, you still want to start with less coriander than cumin. Slowly add more coriander if necessary.
Taco seasoning mix
Yes, taco seasoning mix. I know it sounds a little weird, but it is a good substitute for cumin when you need it . The taco seasoning mix is going to be very similar to that of chili powder because of what it contains. You will have a little cumin in it, along with the ingredients that traditional chili powder has.
However, these mixtures can contain a good amount of salt. This could cause the flavor to be very strong. If you’re not careful when adding taco seasoning mix to your recipe, you might have something too salty.
This is part of the reason why we emphasize starting with less seasoning and then adding more and more slowly. You don’t want a single flavor to become overwhelming and cause a whole recipe to go bad.
There are different types of curry powder out there, but they all have a common ingredient in them, cumin . Cumin is an ingredient that is a large part of curry powder. When added to a recipe, you’re going to get the same kinds of flavors that you would get from cumin, although they may still be different at the same time.
Read Now: Benefits of Honey for Health and Its Bad Effects
Curry powder is going to change the look of your recipe, which shouldn’t make much difference unless you’re a gourmet chef and the look of your plate matters a lot. As with all other substitutes, be sure to start with less than the recipe calls for so you don’t get a flavor you absolutely hate.
Caraway seeds could be one of the closest things to cumin that you will find when you need a substitute for cumin. The appearances and textures are going to be very similar to each other. The only difference you can find is that the cumin will be a little hotter when consumed.
This cumin substitute is one that you can probably keep consistent with the recipe. You don’t need to start with less like the other cumin substitutes. The taste is so similar that you may not even notice the difference. You could probably swap cumin and caraway in any recipe and no one will recognize the difference.
As one of the most popular spices in the world, cumin should never be difficult to find anywhere. This requires you to know that you need cumin. If for some reason you don’t have cumin around, the substitutes above will be able to take your place.
You may have missed: Top Ground Cardamom Benefits You Should
You may have to slightly modify the recipes you are using, but that shouldn’t be much of a problem. A good rule of thumb to remember is that it’s always okay to start with less and add more when it comes to these spices. You can’t add too much and then take out a little once the recipe has started.
You don’t want to get to that point of no return because that will either cause you to start again or swallow it and eat something that has a flavor that you are not looking for at all. The flavor of cumin is difficult to match , so you need to make sure that you are taking small steps to try to match it.
Cumin vs Coriander
- height – 30-50 cm;
- on each stem, 2-3 branches;
- the length of the sheet plate is 5–10 cm.
- height – 40–70 cm;
- broad-lobed leaves, very similar to parsley;
- foliage taste – citrus; the length of the leaf plate is 5–6 cm.
The coriander plant resembles parsley or dill in appearance. But caraway leaves are elongated, less branched.
Coriander flowers are small, white-pink in color with several long petals. Collected in inflorescences. White cumin flowers are collected in small groups on one peduncle. Several pedicels form an umbrella.
In coriander, they are round-elongated, beige-yellow. Diameter – 1.5–3 mm. Cumin seeds are elongated, ribbed, chocolate-colored, 4–5 mm long. Each seed has 8 edges.
The beginning of the use of coriander in food is difficult to determine. Several seeds were found during excavations at a pre-pottery Neolithic settlement in the Nahal Hemar cave in Israel. It is considered the oldest spice find in the world.
Presumably, the plant has already been used for food in the Mediterranean region. Then, together with the Roman legions, it spread throughout Europe. In the Middle Ages, during the era of the great geographical discoveries, coriander was brought to other continents.
Cumin has a slightly different path of development. The plant that Europeans use for food is a native of the Middle East and India. Seeds excavated at the Syrian site of Tell ed Der were dated back to the second millennium BC. And in America there are varieties of wild-growing cumin.
Both plants are hardy. Seedlings tolerate frosts down to –5 ° C, so these spices can be grown from early spring to autumn. Leaves should be cut for food as they grow. The seeds are harvested together with the umbrellas when 50% of the umbrellas are dry. They can be folded into a paper bag. When the seeds are ripe, they are carefully poured onto the bottom of the bag.
How the coriander is prepared greatly influences its final flavor and how it blends with other flavors. Overall, it has a floral scent with citrus notes, light and sweet. During the frying process, nutty notes arise. Lightly toasted seeds have a lighter flavor than those that have been processed for longer.
Cumin has a slightly spicy and bittersweet taste. Iranian, Indian or Middle Eastern varieties differ in oil content and therefore have different flavors. In general, caraway seeds make the taste of the dish sweeter.
We hope now you understand the basic difference between coriander and cumin. We hope this discussion on coriander vs cumin will you understand their basic properties better.
To wrap up the discussion, we hope now you guys have a clear idea on cumin seeds or jeera. We hope that this discussion will help you to use cumin seeds for your benefit.
Know about trending topics:
- 77 Angel Number: Meaning & Why Do You Keep Seeing That
- 7 Amazing Home Remedies For Dry Skin
- All You Need to Know About Vitamin Supplements
- The Trendiest Thinning Hair Hairstyles
- How to Choose the Right Windows and Doors Markham Installers
- Top 9 Benefits of Playing College Basketball
- 4 Types of Stylish Underwear You Need To Know In 2021
- Is It Worth Getting Carpets Professionally Cleaned?
- Moviesflix: Top 70 Alternative Sites and Free Movies Download in 2021
- How Can Robotic Process Automation Speed Up Payer Claims Processing