Thinking it’s time for a shower replacement?
Whether you’re moving into a new house or just want to give your current shower an upgrade, here are six signs that tell you it’s time for a shower replacement.
- 1 The Water Pressure Isn’t What It Used To Be
- 2 You Can See Mold or Mildew on Your Shower Wall
- 3 Your Shower Curtain Rod Is Rusting
- 4 The Floor in Your Shower is Getting Wet From The Shower When It’s On
- 5 Your Showerhead Is Loose or Missing Parts
- 6 You Want To Remodel The Shower In Your New Home
- 7 Conclusion
The Water Pressure Isn’t What It Used To Be
If your shower head is dripping more than usual, this could mean your showerhead needs to be replaced. Other signs of low water pressure include a weak spray from your showerhead and the inability to rinse soap or shampoo off your body.
You Can See Mold or Mildew on Your Shower Wall
If you see mold or mildew on the walls of your shower, this usually indicates that there is too much moisture in your bathroom. It could also be a sign of poor ventilation, so think about turning your bathroom vent on during your next shower.
Here are some tips for removing mold or mildew from your shower:
- Mix 1 cup of bleach with 1 gallon of water
- Apply cleaner to the walls using a soft brush or sponge
- Scrub gently to avoid damaging your shower’s surface
Your Shower Curtain Rod Is Rusting
If you notice rust on the ends of your shower curtain rod, this is usually a sign that water is leaking into gaps in the wall or floor and then traveling to the back of the rod. If you can’t tighten the ends of your shower curtain rod, it’s probably time to replace it.
The Floor in Your Shower is Getting Wet From The Shower When It’s On
If water leaks down the walls of your shower and onto the floor, this usually indicates that there is a crack or some other issue with one of your tiles. It could also mean that there is a crack in your shower pan, making it difficult to maintain the right water pressure as well as preventing your shower from draining properly.
Your Showerhead Is Loose or Missing Parts
If you notice loose or missing parts on your current showerhead, this usually means that it’s time to replace it with a new one. That’s because, over time, the parts of your showerhead will wear down and become less effective at delivering water to you.
You Want To Remodel The Shower In Your New Home
If you’re moving into a new house or just want an upgrade, now might be the best time to replace your shower. If you don’t replace your shower right away, the new house feel might be gone before you know it.
Here are some shower upgrades to consider:
- Upgrade to a pressure balance shower valve
- Get a new shower head with more power and features
- Install grab bars for added safety
- Swap out your old tile with something different: glass, subway tiles, or another material
Now that you’ve read these signs, it’s probably time to replace your shower with a modern one like the Kohler shower. Ask for help from a plumbing professional if you don’t want to DIY, or just need help.Please Share it to everyone: