Summer is in full swing, meaning mosquitoes are out in full force. Here are ten tips to help keep the mosquitoes away from your home this summer.
1. Keep your yard clean and free of standing water. Mosquitoes love to lay their eggs in stagnant water. Regularly check your yard for any potential mosquito breeding sites and eliminate them.
2. Use mosquito repellent when you’re outside. This will help keep the mosquitoes away and make you less likely to be bitten.
3. Wear long sleeves and pants when you’re outside to keep mosquitoes from biting you. This is especially important if you’re in an area with many mosquitoes.
4. Install mosquito netting around your porch or patio to keep mosquitoes out of your seating area. This will allow you to enjoy the outdoors without being bothered by mosquitoes.
5. Use a fan on your porch or patio to create a wind barrier that will keep mosquitoes away. Keeping a fan running will help to keep the mosquitoes at bay. Also, consider placing the fan, so it blows directly onto you to keep them away from your body.
6. Light citronella candles around your outdoor living spaces to help keep mosquitoes at bay. Citronella candles are a great natural way to keep mosquitoes away and can be found at most stores.
7. Turn on the air conditioning in your home to keep indoors relaxed and comfortable, making it less inviting for mosquitoes to come inside.
8. Seal any cracks or gaps in your home’s exterior to keep mosquitoes from getting inside. Use weather-stripping or caulk to seal any cracks or gaps around doors and windows.
9. Repair any holes in window and door screens to prevent mosquitoes from entering your home.
10. Keep your yard clean and free of standing water, where mosquitoes lay their eggs. Mosquitoes can lay their eggs in just a teaspoon of water, so it’s essential to empty any containers holding water around your property. Regularly to prevent mosquito breeding grounds.
These tips can help keep mosquitoes at bay and enjoy summer outdoors. Just remember a professional NatureWise Pest Control treatment can also provide long-lasting relief from these pesky pests.
Prevention is vital when it comes to mosquito control. But sometimes, mosquitoes can still find their way into your yard and home no matter how hard you try. Contact a licensed pest professional to discuss treatment options if you’re dealing with a mosquito problem. They will be able to provide you with the best solution for your specific situation and help you get rid of mosquitoes for good.
One of the most effective ways to keep mosquitoes away is to treat your yard with a Mosquito Repellent. Many products on the market can be used for this purpose, but they all work by releasing a chemical into the air that deters mosquitoes from entering the treated area. You can find mosquito repellents at most hardware and home improvement stores or order them online.
You never know when you’ll need a good mosquito repellent, so it’s always a good idea to keep some on hand. Be sure to follow the directions on the label and reapply as needed to keep mosquitoes away all season long.
We hope these tips help you enjoy your summer without being bugged by mosquitoes!